The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) - He is dyslexic, he has ADHD and he recently gets kicked out of the Yancy Academy because no one believes that he is “manageable”. He is our unlikely hero – Percy Jackson. Following the events that lead to his expelled, Percy found out that he is not a mere mortal but a “demigod”, which is a term used to describe a half god, half human and for his own safety, he has no other choice other than to attend Camp Half-Blood. Here, he discovered the truth about his former Latin teacher, Mr. Gunner as well as his best friend during his year at Yancy, Grover. When he found out that he was the prime suspect in the crime of stealing Zeus’s master lightning bolt, he was immediately sent for a quest to retrieve back the missing bolt from whomever stealing it. Both Grover, his protector and Annabeth, daughter of Athena joined him in his quest searching for the bolt and preventing a war from breaking out on Mount Olympus.As someone who loves Greek mythology, it is not so hard for me to fall in love with this book. The way it was combined with nowadays world was so simple yet amazing all the same. The thing that compelled me most is the way it was wrapped with fast paced action from cover to cover interjected with some great, tasty humours among the main characters. These, along with its fluid, smooth and easy writing makes this book unputdownable. I thoroughly enjoyed The Lightning Thief and would recommend this book for those looking for some light and quick reading.